4.02.2009

Thankful Thursday

Today I'm thankful for President Barack Obama, or as Dominic says, "Uncle Obama." :) Now, don't get your fuffled reathers--I mean feathers ruffled--yet. I'm not going in to all of the political mumbo jumbo, as though I probably should...but I'm learning these days to choose my battles, and let me just say, I'm learning how to choose them very wisely! As result, politics are something I choose to lay down. Don't get me wrong--I take my duty as a US citizen seriously, and I participate in voting and such--after much prayer and guidance from Him. But, you won't find me on your television screen standing behind Governor Kathleen Sebilous (is that how you spell it? lol) at her next campaign.

Now, back to what I'm thankful for. Yes, Barack Obama. I'm thankful that he is willing to be a leader...when so many others are not. I'm thankful that he was willing to go the extra mile to run for President...when someone else was not. I'm thankful that he is sacrificing living a "normal family life"...because I wouldn't ever do that. I'm thankful that he has an interest in political mumbo jumbo...when I couldn't care less. Regardless of his political views, religious views, yada yada yada, I'm thankful for our President, and I hope you and I never fail to do what we can do best to support him--pray for him on a daily basis.

What are you thankful for today?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that you are thankful for obama! There were other men who were christians and ran and because Obama lied about very serious issues and was a smooth talker, he got the job. Obama needs to leave this country and live in the middle east where he belongs!!!!!

Anonymous said...

vanonamous: Well that is a good attitude. I wasn't a George Bush person. I still think he was one of the worst, if not the worst President, that we have had in my lifetime, whether democrat or republican.But every President should be prayed for and hopefully do the best they can for all of us. Unlike the previous response from someone who apparently doesn't care about American, but more about personalities and politics, this country is for all of us. Easy to say someone lied when the person saying it has nothing to back up those claims. So this isn't a place for politics. It should be a place for what u r saying. Pray or the President. Pray for American. Pray for all of us.

Carly said...

Oh, man, those comments make me nervous... I too, am thankful to be apart of the USA and I too, am praying for our President!