Today I'm thankful for encouragement.
Each day this week, I have received encouragement from a specific person, and it has really made a difference in how my week is going!
On Monday, I received an email from a good friend who faithfully encourages and uplifts...and it was exactly what I needed on Monday!
Tuesday's encouragement came in a happy, funny way...sit back and get a refill of Sprite for this one. :) *clearing my throat* Typically, my mom takes Dominic outside each day to get on the bus for school. Those of you in the VC area will recall that Tuesday was a very dark, "I wanna sleep in," pouring down rainy day. And, I kinda have a feeling that there may have been a slight plan for mom to just happen to be rocking Gus to sleep at the time Nicky had to get on the bus. So good ol' Aunt Sarah got out the umbrella, and we waited by the front door at 12:20 p.m.--the time that mom told me the bus usually arrives. "Be watching for it. The bus that turns the corner off of 2nd street is Dom's bus." Wanting to prevent my little lovey from getting drenched in the sheets of rain, I paid close attention, and as soon as I saw the bus turn off of 2nd street, I flung open the door and got him out to the curb in perfect time for the bus to stop and for him to...watch the bus drive right on past the house! Yep, that's right. It wasn't Dom's bus. I thought to myself, "Okay, it's like 12:27 now so his bus HAS to be the next one coming. I know he's going to fight me and scream at the top of his lungs if I try to make him go back inside, so we'll just stand here under the umbrella and try to keep as dry as possible." HA! Just as the thought left my head, I heard Dom's "warning" giggle--the almost but not quite 'laugh' he belts before he's about to do something mischievous; and the next thing I knew, he was running down the block yelling, "Catch him, Aunt Sawah, he's wunning away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Now, for those of you who know me, you know these 3 things: 1. I hate wearing shoes. Yes, I was barefoot in the rain; 2. I can't run. I can move my legs 100 mph and I go absolutely nowhere; 3. When I start laughing, and I mean really laughing, I can't stop. Needless to say, the chase was on. Mom later told me she looked out the front door and saw Dom way down at the end of the block, and all she could hear was me laughing and my wet feet hittin' the pavement...
As you can imagine, by that time, both of us were totally soaking wet...and, of course, up pulls the bus for school. :) I found out yesterday that his teachers had to change him once he got into class...but mom said his shoes and socks were still gushing water when he came home that day. Poor little guy...but man, was it fun just to be silly and laugh in the rain!! I was so encouraged. And guess what? I drove to work that night ALONE...ON THE INTERSTATE...WITH NO PANIC ATTACK!!!!!!!!!! Exactly what I needed on Tuesday.
Wednesday's encouragement was, again, from a very special, close family friend who simply called to let me know he was praying for me. Not only that, but he very boldly told me to, "Get up." And, that's exactly what I did. I got up. Exactly what I needed on Wednesday.
And, here I am. Going strong again, ready to meet the day head-on and fight the good fight that Christ has empowered me to fight.
Encouragement...what a blessing.
What are you thankful for today?
Big Love,
Sarah
No comments:
Post a Comment