3.14.2010

1 more is Up There!

Has anyone ever told you something that literally made you ill? You know, being hit with a ton of bricks...that feeling of a deep, empty pit...yet you feel like you could vomit for days...

I remember having this feeling on several occasions, that aren't necessarily pleasant memories but good life lessons...one of which was the day I busted my ex-bf cheating on me...another time being when I found out I was pregnant with Maya...not to mention the day I told my parents they'd be having another grandbaby.

Unfortunately, I experienced this feeling today less than 1 minute after I stepped into the church. And, to be quite honest, I didn't think such news would really get to me the way it did. Today, I found out that a very special person in my heart passed away last night. And, I know it may seem weird; she was an older lady who actually lived in New Mexico that I probably saw less than 6 times my entire life. In fact, I couldn't even tell you the last time I saw her, or even spoke to her. But it certainly hit me...like a punch right in my gut. Because she had a special influence on my life, and held a special place in my heart...even more than I realized.

Please just do me a favor this week, and keep Wanda and Norman and another Norman in your prayers. It doesn't matter that you don't know them or their specific needs...just pray that their spirits will be lifted, encouraged, and built up.

One day at a time,
Sarah

~In sweet memory of Dolores~

1 comment:

We said...

Hey Sarah,
Is Wanda and Norman doing okay? I will pray for them. I still remember her dad so fondly, having played Dominos with him quite a few times. That was when my love for elderly began.....