3.26.2009

Thankful Thursday

Today I'm thankful for friends. I'm not talking about the good-hi, how ya doin-acquaintances. I'm not talking about the hey-I'm bored so I think I'll give Sarah a call-distant 'friend'; or the energy-taking, life-sucking, whining, what-can-you-do-for-me, 'friend'; or the two-faced, lying, pretender who treats you one way to your face, but you find out later they have completely defamed your name; or the 'friend' who apparently doesn't know how to use a telephone--to return voicemails or simply call to say hello.

A wise person once told me, "Sarah, you need to put your friends in 3 categories. 1: the friends who cherish, who you completely confide in, who you trust with you innermost secrets. 2: the friends who you go have a good time with, you go out to dinner or go bowling, but you watch what you say around them. 3: the friends aren't really friends at all...and those--if you're wise--won't be given the opportunity to waste your time."

I am thankful for the person who goes the extra mile to call me, even though "life is so busy."

I'm thankful for the person who simply listens--whether it be me griping about doctors appointments or whether it be ya-hoo'ing about Maya peeing in the toilet.

I'm thankful for the person who goes out of their way to fit it in their schedule to come see every single time they are in town--thanks for the lunch date, Kari!

I'm thankful for the person who sends a card, for no reason at all, just to tell me they love me.

I'm thankful for the friend who is just that--a friend, any time, any place, any circumstance, who I can do absolutely nothing with, and still have a great time.

Thank you for being a good friend.

What are you thankful for today?

Big Love,
Sarah

4 comments:

Carly said...

Ok....I am sorry that I do not call often. I know I am terrible with that! And for whatever it is worth I think about you guys on a daily basis. I miss you! And we are still tentatively planning on being in town over the 3rd of April. I will CALL you later!

Sam, Sarah, Claudia, Camile, Maya, and Gabriel said...

oh hey, just now hit me--the weekend of apr 3 is the care walk for Dom. so we will be gone all day on sat. i will have to work fri night & sat night.

Carly said...

We may be able to come into town on Thursday. Could we get together sometime then?

The Great One said...

That would be great, sarah has off on thursdays and sundays.