5.13.2011

Thankful Thursday on Friday

You know those days that occur once in a while when you've only been out of bed for a half-hour and you're already wishin' for 10:00 p.m.? Well, yesterday was one of those days for me. And today, the migraine is trying to settle in as a result of stress-overload.

As I stepped into the courthouse elevator, a super cheerful lady smiled and asked, "What floor?" My immediate desire--which is my typical attitude on any day prior to 8 a.m. and a swig of Pepsi--was to glare at her and simply push the button myself. But, I chose to be cordial, instead. "Eight, please." And, up we went.

As my mind wandered far, far away, the next thing I knew, she was staring at me, holding the elevator door open and saying, "Ma'am - this is the eight floor...are you getting off here?" LOL Derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...so that was the start to my lovely day. (insert extreme sarcasm somewhere in that sentence lol)

Up until yesterday, I have to admit that I have absolutely loved my job. But, yesterday, I came face-to-face with one of the biggest obstacles at my place of employment, and it is something that I do NOT handle well: egos.

For the life of me, I canNOT understand why some individuals honestly believe that they are worth more than someone else. My mind just doesn't comprehend it. I can't grasp the idea that a doctor...or a lawyer...or a judge...or a Mike...or a Joe...or a Meagan...has any favor over a mechanic...or a custodian...or a teacher...or a Sam...or a Jeff...or a Nikki. Now, with that said, I CAN apprehend positions and authorities. But, position & authority do NOT eradicate kindness and respect. Is anyone with me on this? I thought so.

Anyway, enough's enough. I got to come home to my sweet babies who make me smile and turn my hellish days into heavenly blessings. So today, I'm thankful for those transformations.

xoxo,
Sarah

No comments: